An Overview of What We Believe
In the book of Matthew in God's holy Word we read in chapter 1 beginning at verse 21: "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save his people from their sins. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel - which means God with us'".
We believe in the God of the Bible. This Triune God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - loves, protects, and preserves us.
We believe that God sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins on the Cross and be raised from the dead out of His great love for us. Through the gift of faith in Christ, we have the forgiveness of our sins and life everlasting.
We believe that the Holy Spirit strengthens our faith through God's Word and through the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
We believe that our purpose is to preach and teach God's love and forgiveness in Christ, and to welcome others into God's family.
Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod Core Beliefs:
- There is only One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That all humans are fallen creatures, and our salvation is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and is only through the Spirit working through the means of grace.
- That the means of grace proclaims our salvation and enables us to live out our faith, declaring the light of Christ in the darkness where God has placed us to make disciples.
- We are here to glorify God and to love and serve all people in body and soul.
- The resurrection of both the saved and lost; those who are saved into the resurrection of life and those who are lost into the resurrection of damnation.
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative, living Word of God and the only source of absolute truth.
- The Lutheran confessions are a correct exposition of the truths of the Scriptures.
His Mission for Us
This is our understanding of why God wants us here as a congregation. The mission of our congregation is:
Sharing the Saving Love of Jesus!
Our Aspirational Values
These are the values we believe God wants most expressed by our congregation’s actions in the future. We will hold each other accountable for the expression of these values in all our future ministries together. We will not compromise these congregational values as we go forward in our walk with Christ.
Faithful and steadfast to God's Word--the foundation of all we do
Commitment to service
Consistently telling more people about Jesus our Savior
His Vision for Us
This is our best understanding of God’s will for the future of our congregation.
Our community knows Trinity as a place of Christian compassion because of our commitment to serve locally and globally. Our doors and arms are open and welcoming to people of all ages.
Our guests return often because they have been intentionally invited, welcomed, and connected to God’s Word.
Our members continue to grow spiritually. Our faith is strengthened through the Holy Spirit and we are sharing the hope of the Gospel with those around us. We faithfully encourage each other.
This is our best understanding of the stages of spiritual growth at our congregation.
Pray and Study
Share and Serve
This is our first destination on the journey towards His Vision for us.
Review, revise, and create programs and facilities to support the discipleship process.
Our best understanding of our response to
His Plan for us!
We, the congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church of Auburn, Nebraska hereby resolve to:
- Adopt the Strategic Ministry Plan as “our best understanding of God’s calling for this congregation.”
- Enter into intentional and regular corporate and personal prayer, asking God to provide resources to allow His Calling to be accomplished through us.
- Proceed immediately with implementation per the Strategic Ministry Plan as resources are provided by God.
- Thank God for His continued blessings and grace on Trinity Lutheran Church!
(Approved by the Trinity Lutheran Church Voters’ Assembly on June 14, 2009.)